When should puppies eat dry food?
- Puppies should be nursing off of their mother for the first 4-6 weeks.
- If the mother has a lot puppies she may not produce enough milk
- You can help the mother by bottle feeding some of them using Puppy Milk Replacer (do not use cows milk!)
- At 4-6 weeks you can start introducing wet puppy food. Some puppies will start eating it before others
- After about 6 weeks the puppies should be mature enough to start eating dry dog food
- Make sure you select the right puppy food
- Small breed puppy food for small dogs, medium for medium, etc
- Remember to always ween puppies onto something, do not suddenly switch from one form of food to the other.
Question this article answers:
How to feed puppies?
What should I feed puppies?
Dog Insurance -Dog Breeders - Dog Vitamins - Get Listed